Alta in April, April 1-April 20, 2014
In the spring, Alta Chamber & Visitors Bureau and the Alta, Utah community present three weeks of non-stop fun and a great reason to visit Alta! The Alta in April celebration kicks off a month of parties, lodging deals, and special events as a way to celebrate another great year of skiing at Alta Ski Area. This special runs during April every spring.
The annual Alta Gala at La Caille Restaurant starts off the week in style. The Alta Gala is a fundraising event for three local Alta, Utah non-profits—Alta Community Enrichment, Alta Historical Society, and Friends of Alta, as well as a way to raise awareness of the arts, environment, and rich history of Alta. After the Gala, locals and Alta visitors alike will enjoy an action-packed apres ski events, live music, a demo day and more.
Many of Alta's visitors having been visiting Alta Ski Area's slopes for years, and Alta in April is a way for skiers to reconnect with old friends, have some fun, and get back to the roots of skiing. Visit Alta Ski Area in April, when the days are longer, the snow is soft , and there are plenty of exciting events and great deals to take advantage of!
Alta in April Events:
- Sunday, March 30th-Thursday, April 3rd: Alta Performance Ski Camp
- Friday, April 4th: Alta Gala- Annual event raising funds and awareness of the arts, environment and history of Alta- La Caille Restaurant.
- Saturday, April 5th: Brats & Beers at Alf's Restaurant
- Saturday, April 12th: Spring Ski Demo Day presented by Powder House Ski Shops and Alta Ski Shop, free ski demos.
- Saturday, April 12th: Live music all day long on Goldminer's Daughter Lodge deck.
- Saturday, April 12th: Friends of Alta public meeting.
- Saturday, April 12th- Sunday, April 13th: AltaSnowbird Women's Camp.
- Friday, April 18th: Red Chair BBQ and music at Watson Shelter.
- Friday, April 18th: Deck BBQ at Alf's Restaurant.
- Saturday, April 19th: Alta Earthday -Encourages environmental stewardship, responsible recreation and awareness of the relationship between climate change and the future of the ski industry.
- Saturday, April 19th: Red Chair BBQ and music at Watson Shelter.
- Saturday, April 19th: Deck BBQ at Alf's Restaurant.
- Sunday, April 20th: ACE Easter Egg Hunt.
- Sunday, April 20th: Deck BBQ at Alf's Restaurant.
- Sunday, April 20th : Easter Brunch at Collins Grill. Reservations and questions contact Watson@alta.com.
- Sunday, April 20th: Alta's first closing day
Alta Lodging/Business Specials During Alta in April
Alta Chalets- 3 nights of lodging & 3 lift tickets, one low price. April 7-10 and 14-17, 2014.
Alta's Rustler Lodge- 30% off lodging, April 6-20, 2014. Stay April 7-10 and April 14-17 and receive a consecutive 3-day Alta pass for the price of 2 days.
Alta Peruvian Lodge- Book a dorm room and get a FREE upgrade to a Nordic Room. Stay April 7-10 and April 14-17 and receive a consecutive 3-day Alta pass for the price of 2 days.
Snowpine Lodge- 30% off lodging from March 23rd- April 12th. Stay April 7-10 and 14-17 and receive a consecutive 3-day Alta pass for the price of 2 days.
Alta Lodge- Kids Stay FREE, April 1-20, 2014. Kids' ski rentals FREE at Deep Powder House with adult ski demo and high performance ski demos from Deep Powder House, 3 days for the price of 2 days. Stay April 7-10 and April 14-17 and receive a consecutive 3-day Alta pass for the price of 2 days.
Peak Photo- Buy 3 get one free. April 7-14, 2014. *Print this page page to recieve the discount.*
Shallow Shaft Restaurant- Enjoy $15 Pizzas everyday in April, dine in or take-out and $5 beer and wine specials.
Alta Ski Shop- Half price demos. Bonus: purchase the skis and the Alta Ski Shop will credit the demo fee. Saturday, April 12th-Sunday, April 20th.