We all know the first day of the season back on skis is exciting. However, gathering all that gear from last season can be STRESSFUL. Anxious dreams the night before a season starts are a real thing. They include not being able to find gloves, driving all the way to the mountain with one ski boot and the ultimate nightmare…leaving your skis at home. Here at the Alta Chamber and Visitors Bureau we would like to ease your night-before prep with a handy check list for all your ski and snow needs.
Feel free to print off the list below as you scurry around your house trying to find that missing sock, or that buff you know you pulled out at some point this summer…
Back to Basics:
- Ski Boots
- Helmet (brain bucket)
Hum along to the kids song head, shoulders, knees and toes: “Skis, helmets, boots and poles. Boots and poles.”
View this post on Instagram
Fresh Helly Hansen jackets in the shop! All Helly jackets come with a Ski Free tag, redeemable for 1 free day pass to participating resorts ⛷ . http://ow.ly/tImn50jp3iF . . . #powderhouseut #hellyhansen #feelalive #skifreetag #hestra #girogoggles #ZeissVivid #axisgoggle #skishop
- Coin purse – To keep money for chicken tenders, beer and hot chocolate (Please don’t eat them in that order).
- Pocket Snacks – fruits snacks, bars and jerky
- Pocket Bacon – For potential love interests on the chairlift
- Chap stick – The wind is no joke
- A good buff – Maybe a second for when one the first gets wet
- Sunscreen – Your mom will thank you
- Phone – For filming and posting to make all your friends jealous. Just remember to use #discoveralta
We’ve Got You Covered
If you do end up forgetting anything the Powder House Ski Shop can hook you up with some great deals on last-minute gear needs!
It’s Finally Here
You’ve finally put your last coat of ski wax down. Goggles are buffed, gloves ready and bindings are perfect. Everything is ready for your best ski season yet. You’ve planned every detail and now it’s finally time to shred the best snow in the world. You’ve waited and this season’s payoff is going to be amazing.